Friday 12 June 2009

Time to look at the garden

Now the panic of The Fair is over (thank you cards and working out profit excepted), it's time to enjoy the garden (well the bits in between the weeds anyway)!


Not so many foxgloves this year, I fancy, although the seeding is left purely to nature! I did sew some seeds last year but a cat decided that the seed bed was it's toilet!
Don't you just love the sound of the bees when they are in the trumpet?


The clematis are doing well rambling through everything from my bay tree and a camelia to a New Dawn rose. (Oh and next door's garden, which they complained about! They had more flowers than me, humph!)




The poppies took a few years to really get going but are worth persevering with. I saw a lovely pink one called Patty's Plum the other day so that might be winging it's way into my garden for next year!



Yellow day lillies are so easy and smell so wonderful!



And I'm so pleased that the cutting of my mum's favourite shrub, this weigelia, has grown so well. Lots of things struggle with the heavy soil here; not the dandelions and bind weed of course!
Needless to say, I haven't shown you the weedy bits or the thousands of forget-me-nots that have gone to seed!
Taking Mad Daughter to Exeter tomorrow to go the Craft Festival, thanks to Sal's Snippets for reminding me! We also have to get her first B-R-A. Shhh don't tell anyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. See you again soon I hope!