Friday 12 November 2010

Heirlooms

I know I promised craft today, but my friends have conspired against me and have been visiting! 

However, I thought I would just show you Scary in a dress we found in the attic the other day.  It was my mother's and it was her 'little black dress'!



She must have had it in the 1950's and somewhere I have a photograph of her in it (not to be found today though!).

It fits Scary very well, although she could do with a little bit more bosom!

Although it's a long way off, she has decided that it might do very nicely as a Prom dress.  I'm sure my Mum would have been pleased; unfortunately she died before I had even met my husband, let alone had my children.

Anyway, this weekend I will be mostly making cider!  What are you up to?

1 comment:

  1. Wow it'll make a fantastic prom dress! It'll be really special having been your Mum's too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. See you again soon I hope!